August 29, 2013

hazel's first day of kindergarten

it's so crazy that hazel is ready for this! 
she's so excited
she wanted to ride the bus 
and have me meet her at school
so that's what we did 
 somehow the temp bus driver took almost an hour to get to their school
between road closures and an extra kid to pick up 
so that was kind of crazy
but i was extra glad i could be there to help her to her class
 checking in 
 sitting at her desk
and a little embarrassed of me taking her picture
we had a little drama with the teacher she was supposed to have 
so she switched teachers yesterday and i am soooo glad
she has the nicest teacher now
and two of her friends in her class
she is going to do great!

3 comments:

Christie said...

how exciting! I'm glad you were able to get her with a good teacher and a couple friends. it makes SUCH a difference (speaking from my own memories of school of course - not my own parenting experience).

miriam said...

That is crazy it took an hour to get to the school! Hazel is so beautiful. I can't believe how much those kids keep growing!

Natalie Smith said...

I love that you met her at the school and let her ride the bus. An hour is so crazy. Glad the teacher situation worked out for the best!