May 17, 2013

saying goodbye to the office


when michael and i first met, the office was pretty much the main thing we had in common
in fact, i remember the day after we met (although i'd seen him before) at a dance, 
we were hanging out in the mothers room at church while i nursed baby noah (scandalous)
and we talked and laughed about the office
then michael schemed to come see me at my parents house 2.5 hours away
to watch the next episode together, a few weeks later
it was truly a big part of our relationship
once we got married (and i'm sure while we were dating, too)
we watched every episode together
and usually ate a little caesars pizza with coke slurpees
highlight of my week, for sure
we often joked  that our relationship is based on the office
and that if ever ends, we end
we have literally seen every episode, and most of them several times
we own the first 6 seasons 
i bought michael a pam shirt our first married christmas
that says, "dunder mifflin, this is pam"
that is still going strong
even though i wear it a lot at home during my pregnancies
and even got some holes in it while stripping the stokke crib before olive was born
and it's covered in paint

the office is hilarious
it is awkward and sarcastic and so easy to relate with
my sister and i talk all the time
and we are constantly cracking each other up
with office quotes
so...it was with heavy hearts that we watched the series finale last night
me in michael's old pammy shirt
and him in his new birthday office shirt

we were so happy that steve carell made a cameo
and i think they did a good job wrapping it up
i do wish we'd planned better to have another office party
(we totally schruted it)
but i don't think we could've topped the last one


 goodbye my lover,
goodbye my friend
you have been the one.
you have been the one for me

7 comments:

Tami said...

I loved the finale, I don't think they could have ended it more perfectly than did

The Asay's said...

we love the office. So sad to see it go as well.

Natalie Smith said...

I could cry every time I think about the show being over. It was a great finale!

andre'a said...

that is HILARIOUS! I don't remember seeing you in the Angela wig before! The pic of Brian is terribly awful and hilarious. And his eye contact is so funny and true to form!

Christie said...

oh, the Office! it was a big part of my relationship with Steve too - when we first met and the first couple years of our marriage. sometimes it seemed like all we did was watch that show! I guess we are Office drop-outs though. we were hardcore fans up til about the... fourth? season I think. then we kinda stopped watching. I know, we're lame.

miriam said...

you are adorable. I hope you and Michael can survive. If necessary, I will make my own next season to keep your love alive. ;)

Kristin said...

You crack me up... but I'm kind of sad it's over too. Thanks for letting us borrow your DVDs!